This is a reminder to sign up now for Advanced Placement® Across the Career Clusters® webinar.
Traditionally Advanced Placement® (AP) courses and exams have not been recommended for students in Career Technical Education (CTE) programs. To bust this myth, NASDCTEc and the College Board worked together to draft a document – Career and Technical Education and Advanced Placement – that shows how AP courses and exams can be relevant to a student’s program of study across the 16 Career Clusters®.
Join us for a webinar that will feature that work, explore how AP courses and exams are being embedded in students’ programs of study at the local level, and engage participants around additional strategies for including AP courses and other rigorous courses within CTE Career Pathways.
When: the webinar will take place on Thursday July 25 at 3 p.m. ET and feature:
- Kate Blosveren, Associate Executive Director, The National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc)
- Barbara Dittrich, Program Supervisor, Advanced Placement, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Tom Evans, Principal, Eastern Technical High School, Baltimore County, Maryland
- Betty Klattenhoff, CTE Director, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Wanda Monthey, Senior Director, Career Readiness and CTE, The College Board
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager