Achieving Excellence in Career Technical Education: The National Career Clusters® Institute will take place June 16-18, 2014, and is full of new features to offer the best professional development and networking opportunities in CTE today.
Today we are pleased to announce our pre-sessions (pricing and registration information is available here), designed to prepare attendees for the Achieving Excellence Institute and provide a deeper look at topics affecting how you deliver high-quality CTE today. Beginning June 15, 2014, pre-sessions at the Achieving Excellence Institute include:
- Teaching for Success: An interactive workshop focused on maximizing student outcomes by teaching to Career Pathways. Integrating recent research in neuroscience, case-studies of effective CTE instruction practices and contextual learning, all CTE stakeholders can benefit from this session’s lessons, either in half-day or an extended full-day form.
- Counseling for Success: Investigating the crucial role of adequate counseling services in ensuring student success, this session will integrate counseling best practices alongside data on student outcomes and how they can improve through innovative counseling methods. From career guidance to mentorship programs, Counseling for Success provides a comprehensive overview of effective counseling’s role in delivering high-quality CTE.
- Partnership Opportunities: With the conversation surrounding employer and community engagement in the delivery of CTE gaining steam, the Partnership Opportunities session will offer insight on the evolving relationship between employers, community groups, government and educators in establishing long-term partnerships that improve the quality and continuity of CTE programs.
- Building Programs of Study: Many states, districts, institutions and educators are in the process of updating programs of study (POS), or are delving into POS for the very first time. This session will give participants practical examples of quality POS from around the country, built along the framework of the National Career Clusters Framework and The Career Pathways Effect.
- Career Pathways Overview: Designed to help participants learn to develop career pathways that fit their schools’ and students’ unique needs, the Career Pathways Overview covers a host of topics that will help you integrate career pathways into your educational framework.
Each pre-session registration includes a copy of The Career Pathways Effect and excellent networking opportunities with fellow CTE stakeholders from across the country. Don’t wait: register today!
Evan Williamson, Communications Associate