Achieving Excellence in Career Technical Education: The National Career ClustersÂ® InstituteÂ will take placeÂ June 16-18, 2014, and is full of new features to offer the best professional development and networking opportunities in CTE today.
Today we are pleased to announce our pre-sessions (pricing and registration information is availableÂ here), designed to prepare attendees for the Achieving Excellence Institute and provide a deeper look at topics affecting how you deliver high-quality CTE today. BeginningÂ June 15, 2014, pre-sessions at the Achieving Excellence Institute include:
- Teaching for Success:Â An interactive workshop focused on maximizing student outcomes by teaching to Career Pathways. Integrating recent research in neuroscience, case-studies of effective CTE instruction practicesÂ and contextual learning, all CTE stakeholders can benefit from this session’s lessons, either in half-day or an extendedÂ full-day form.
- Counseling for Success:Â Investigating the crucial role of adequate counseling services in ensuring student success, this session will integrate counseling best practices alongside data on student outcomes and how they can improve throughÂ innovative counseling methods. From career guidance to mentorship programs, Counseling for Success provides a comprehensive overview of effective counseling’s role in delivering high-quality CTE.
- Partnership Opportunities:Â With the conversation surrounding employer and community engagement in the delivery of CTE gaining steam, the Partnership Opportunities session will offer insight on the evolving relationship between employers, community groups, government and educators in establishing long-term partnerships that improve the quality and continuity of CTE programs.
- Building Programs of Study:Â Many states, districts, institutionsÂ and educators are in the process of updatingÂ programs of study (POS), or are delving into POSÂ for the very first time. This session will give participantsÂ practical examples of quality POS from around the country, built along the framework of the National Career Clusters Framework andÂ The Career Pathways Effect.
- Career Pathways Overview:Â Designed to help participants learn to developÂ career pathways that fit their schools’ and students’ unique needs, the Career Pathways OverviewÂ covers a host of topics that will help you integrate career pathways into your educational framework.
Each pre-session registration includes a copy ofÂ The Career Pathways EffectÂ and excellentÂ networking opportunitiesÂ with fellow CTE stakeholders from across the country. Don’t wait:Â register today!
Evan Williamson, Communications Associate