The Spring Meeting is in full swing this week! In the final installment of our Spring Meeting Sponsor Series, we highlight Oracle Academy. Denise Hobbs is representing Oracle at our meeting. Oracle also contributed to today’s luncheon.
Visit Denise in her studio Tuesday, March 30 in the Jefferson Room directly across the hall from our general session meeting room, Thurgood Marshall North.
Oracle Academy provides a comprehensive set of education resources. For example, Oracle has advanced STEM education in the US for over a decade and is committed to helping students develop the skills needed for life and work in the 21st century. Our state-of-the art technology programs, the Oracle Academy and ThinkQuest, support over 1.2 million students in 95 countries each year at an in-kind grant value of over $2 billion USD Academy provides a complete portfolio of software, curriculum, hosted technology, faculty training, support, and certification resources to Kâ€“12, vocational, and higher education institutions for teaching use. Faculty can flexibly insert these resources into computer science and business programs, ensuring that students gain industry-relevant skills prior to entering the workforce. Institutions may elect to participate in any of the three program options:
- Introduction to Computer Science: Prepares faculty to teach their students database, programming, and business skills. Offered free of charge.
- Advanced Computer Science: Provides students with hands-on access to Oracle database and middleware software.
- Enterprise Business Applications: Provides students with hands-on access to Oracle applications software used in industries such as finance, healthcare, retail, and manufacturing.
- US: 100,000 students in 730 institutions in 48 states and the District of Columbia
- Global: 850,000 students in 4,400 institutions in 91 countries
ALL-STAR SPONSORS TO BE RECOGNIZED TUESDAY
On Tuesday, NASDCTEc will be honoring our All-Star Sponsors at a special recognition luncheon. All-Star sponsors have provided consistent support to our organization over the years. This year’s All-Star sponsors include Oracle Academy, Cisco, Home Builders Institute, NOCTI,Â Career Communications, Kuder, EMSI, Career Technical Education Consortium of States, Incorporated, and AdvancED/Today’s Class. THANK YOU ALL-STARS!