The Data Quality Campaign (DQC) recently released Education and Workforce Data Connections: A Primer on Statesâ€™ Status a policy brief that addresses the development of statewide education longitudinal data systems and how they are being used to connect education and workforce data. What DQC has found is that few states have the systems in place to link data across the Pâ€20/Workforce spectrum. Survey results show that only eight states are able to link data across the Pâ€20/Workforce spectrum; only 10 states are able to link Kâ€12/Workforce data; and only 29 states are able to link Postsecondary/Workforce data. There is much work to be done.
The brief also has useful charts and graphs detailing the following information:
- Ways states link education and workforce data
- States status regarding connecting education and workforce data (Kâ€12/ workforce connections and Postsecondary/ workforce connections)
- Types of linked workforce data
- Barriers to linking education and workforce data
- States plans for connecting education and workforce data