NASDCTEc is pleased to invite you to participate in our annual Spring Meeting, a must-attend professional development experience in the nationâ€™s capital!
The Spring Meeting will be held from 9 a.m. on Monday, April 15 through 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17. In keeping with our collaboration with the Office of Vocational and Adult Education of the U.S. Department of Education (OVAE), we are coordinating on program content and are excited that OVAE will be hosting the meeting at the U.S. Department of Education on April 17 to continue critical presentations and discussions. All meeting functions will take place at the Omni Shoreham on April 15 and 16.
Hotel rooms should be reserved at the Omni Shoreham Hotel for all meeting days. On April 17, NASDCTEc will provide breakfast at the Omni, then attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to the U.S. Department of Education. More details will be provided to confirmed meeting attendees.
We have crafted a program that will bring together leading policymakers, Congressional representatives, and researchers to share with you, hear from you and for all of us to learn together. There will be a blend of plenary sessions and breakouts sessions and opportunities for informal learning and networking.
We have invited speakers to address the following topics. As speakers are confirmed, weâ€™ll be regularly updating the agenda online.
- The Future of Federal Funding (sequestration, appropriations and budget)
- Is Congress talking about CTE? A panel of Congressional Staff will discuss Congressional proposals impacting CTE
- Will Perkins’ reauthorization happen this year? A panel Congressional staff and association leaders will forecast and discuss issues related to Perkins reauthorization
- Career Pathways: Updates on the numerous federal projects have emerged supporting career pathways development in states
- Measuring Success: Learning about the emerging Workforce Data Quality Campaign and efforts to align education and workforce data systems
- National College and Career Readiness Center and Great Teachers and Leaders Center Update
- Innovations in CTE curriculum
- Leading the Way: State Policies Promoting CTE
- Reauthorization Perspectives: Views of Leading Policy Organizations
- Career Readiness
- Updates on the CCTC Gap Analysis, the SCED and Crosswalks Projects
- Updates on FAUPL negotiations
- The National Center on Innovation in CTE
For more information about registration, hotel reservations and more CLICK HERE.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC!
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager