This blog series provides readers with insight on the valuable content that is being shared at the National Career Clusters Institute. Guest bloggers are among teachers, faculty, researchers, and other experts that will present at the national gathering in Fort Worth, TX in June. Today’s guest blogger is Amber O’Casey, the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security (LPSCS) and Government and Public Administration (GPA) Career Cluster Specialist at the University of North Texas.
LPSCS and GPA Resources from the Texas Education Agency and the University of North Texas
Would you like to save time and money? Are you looking for lesson ideas, project-based activities, or professional development? Are you an LPSCS or GPA educator? Then join us as we discuss the Texas Education Agency (TEA) Educational Excellence grant resources and instructional materials provided on the University of North Texas (UNT) Career and Technical Education (CTE) website.
Here are some of the materials that we will discuss:
- Professional development modules that are based on research and experience and focus on “best practices” in education
- Over 180 GPA and LPSCS secondary lesson plans that are standards- and project-based
- Elementary and Middle School GPA/LPSCS career awareness curricula
- Cluster-specific Implementation Guides
- Cluster-specific Scope and Sequence documents
- Tools for accommodating learning differences
- And more…
All of the session attendees will leave with an understanding of the GPA and LPSCS resources and hardcopies of a GPA lesson, an LPSCS lesson, and a quick guide to our lesson plan template.
Amber’s breakout session, “LPSCS and GPA Resources from the Texas Education Agency and the University of North Texas” is Tuesday, June 11, 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
More about the National Career Clusters® Institute
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager