NASDCTEc Fall Meeting Update
The Fall Meeting is geared toward professional development, sharing of best practices, state policy updates and other topical sessions. An important topic covered at this meeting will be the release of “The State of Career Technical Education: An Analysis of State CTE Standards.” It is a national report examining how states organize and implement CTE standards, using the Common Career Technical Core as the benchmark.
The agenda now includes confirmed presenters and will provide the professional development and content you need to stay on top of all the latest Career Technical Education happenings.
- Access the robust Fall MeetingÂ AGENDAÂ toÂ see confirmed presenters!
- Early bird REGISTRATION rate is available until September 23; main registration available September 24 through time of meeting
- Reduced group RESERVATIONÂ rate will end September 20. After that date, special rates and room availability are not longer guaranteed
Make your plans to attend the Fall Meeting in Baltimore, MD.
When:Â October 21-23, 2013
Where:Â BWI Airport Marriott, 1743 Nursery Road, Linthicum, MD 21090
Who: State Directors, Associate Members, and CTE Leaders and Stakeholders
Range of topics will include:
- Competency-BasedÂ Education
- State Career ReadinessÂ Data and Reporting
- Career-Ready Assessments
- Common Core & CTE Implementation Strategies
- Federal Policy Update
- Update from OVAE’sÂ Assistant Secretary
- OECD Report: SkillsÂ Beyond School
- Update on New State CTE Policies
The meeting is at the BWI Airport Marriott and will open with a dinner and program Monday evening,Â October 21; sessions all dayÂ Tuesday, October 22, and sessions tillÂ 10 a.m. or Noon on Wednesday, October 23. See agenda for more details.
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager