ANNOUNCING the 2014 NASDCTEc Spring Meeting
NASDCTEc is pleased to invite you to participate in our annual Spring Meeting, a must-attend professional development experience in the nationâ€™s Capital!
Get ready for exciting sessions for State Career Technical Education (CTE) Directors, CTE leaders, and individuals who contribute to the CTE community at the national, state, and local levels. These sessions will equip you with the information and tools you need to be an effective leader in an ever-changing environment.
We have invited speakers to address the following topics. As speakers are confirmed, weâ€™ll be regularly updating the agenda online and adding more detail and depth to the conversation.
- Federal funding (i.e., updates on appropriations and budget)
- View from the Hill on Perkins and other relevant legislation
- Trends from NASDCTEcâ€™s state Perkins Implementation Survey
- Skill building for CTE leaders
- Views from leading policy organizations on CTE and pending legislation
- Initiatives in data and accountability
- And much more!
When: 8 a.m. Tuesday, April 1, 2014 – Noon Thursday, April 3, 2014
Where: Omni Shoreham, 2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Agenda DRAFT is online. As speakers are confirmed, weâ€™ll be regularly updating the agenda online.
Meals included in your registration fee include three continental breakfasts and two lunches.
Registration Rates and Dates:
- NASDCTEc Member: $450 early bird/$550 main; Non-Member (General Registration) $625 early bird/$725 main
Early Bird Registration: January 17, 2014 – February 3, 2014; Main Registration: February 4, 2014 – online registration will close March 17, 2014
Be sure to REGISTER NOW
Guest rooms have been reserved at the historic Omni Shoreham, 2500 Calvert Street NW (at Connecticut Avenue), Washington DC 20008. Hotel rooms should be reserved at the Omni Shoreham Hotel for all meeting days. You can make your hotel reservations today in one of two ways:
RESERVE YOUR ROOM NOW at our special group reservations link (preferred) or Guests can call 1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664) 24 hours a day to make their reservations and request group name: NASDCTEc Spring Meeting 2014.
Please use one of these registration methods to be assured the special room rate of $224, plus applicable taxes. This rate is only available until March 7, 2014 or when our block fills – whichever comes first. So make your reservation today! At the time of your lodging reservation, you will be asked for a major credit card to hold your room. Reservations may be cancelled up until 3 days prior to arrival – by noon Eastern Time, or forfeit one nightâ€™s stay plus tax.
More about the Omni Shoreham
- Hotel map and directions (includes various transportation options)
- Guest room accommodations
- Check in is 3 p.m./check out is Noon.
- Parking: Valet parking including in/out privileges ($35 + 18% tax Â per car daily); subject to increase at any time
Travel to hotel:
The least expensive way to get to the hotel is by metro. Save money by using Washington DC Metroâ€™s Trip Planner to get to the hotel. Itâ€™s fast, easy and inexpensive. The Metro rail is just steps away from the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), and the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan metro stop about a 5 minute walk away.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC!
Spring Meeting information page
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager