Representatives Jim Langevin (D-RI) and Glenn Thompson (R-PA), co-chairs of the Congressional Career and Technical Education (CTE) Caucus will present a briefing on the Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Pathways to Prosperity Project on Tuesday, July 24.
Pathways to Prosperity: Meeting the Challenge of Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century, is a report that has resonated across the country, and the authors have now spoken in more than 30 states. The report addresses the challenges associated with preparing young Americans for successful careers and closing the “skills gap.” William Symonds, the report’s primary author and director of the Pathways to Prosperity Project, will lead the discussion.
- William Symonds, Director, Pathways to Prosperity Project
- Kimberly Green, Executive Director, National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc)
- Jeff Mays, President, Illinois Business Roundtable
- Jason Tyszko, Deputy Chief of Staff, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Eric Regelin, Director, National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and Chairman, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
When: 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Where: Rayburn House Office Building, Gold Room (2168)
Erin Uy, Communications & Marketing Manager