This is a reminder to sign up now for Advanced PlacementÂ® Across the Career ClustersÂ® webinar.
Traditionally Advanced PlacementÂ® (AP) courses and exams have not been recommended for students in Career Technical Education (CTE) programs. To bust this myth, NASDCTEc and the College Board worked together to draft a document â€“ Career and Technical Education and Advanced Placement â€“ that shows how AP courses and exams can be relevant to a studentâ€™s program of study across the 16 Career ClustersÂ®.
Join us for a webinar that will feature that work, explore how AP courses and exams are being embedded in studentsâ€™ programs of study at the local level, and engage participants around additional strategies for including AP courses and other rigorous courses within CTE Career Pathways.
When: the webinar will take place on Thursday July 25 at 3 p.m.Â ET and feature:
- Â Kate Blosveren,Â Associate Executive Director, The National Association of State DirectorsÂ of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc)
- Barbara Dittrich, ProgramÂ Supervisor, Advanced Placement, Washington Office of Superintendent ofÂ Public Instruction
- Tom Evans, Principal, EasternÂ Technical High School, Baltimore County, Maryland
- Betty Klattenhoff, CTEÂ Director, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Wanda Monthey, SeniorÂ Director, Career Readiness and CTE, The College Board
Ramona Schescke, Member Services Manager
Tags: Career ClustersÂ®