Yesterday, we co-sponsored a webinar that looked at the national trend occurring in K-12 schools: education for sustainability (EFS). Educators presented case studies from their schools and shared resources on how they are successfully using sustainability as an integrative theme in elementary, middle, and high schools across the country. Sustainability is a concept that shows up in many CTE courses as the workforce becomes more “green.”
- Gilda Wheeler, Washington State Department of Education (slides)
- Naomi Harper, Will Rogers Middle School, Fair Oaks, California (slides)
- Jeanne Collins, Sustainability Academy, Burlington, Vermont (slides)
- Kelley Jordan-Monne, Morris Brandon Elementary, Atlanta, Georgia (slides)
- Eric Wickwire, Cle Elum-Roslyn High School, Cle Elum, Washington (slides)
If you missed it, don’t worry! You can download an archived version of the webinar here.